assignment 1

 2 drawings - observational and accidental 

observational
I decided to sketch a candleholder on my kitchen table using a 6B pencil. I decided to colour it with watercolour to try and show the interesting ways the light hits it and affects the colour. Looking back on it now, I should've had more greens and browns, and fewer yellows. 
accidental
I was honestly a little stumped on this prompt, I had a couple ideas going through my head on what you could interpret 'accidental' as. I decided to use coffee and a cup to create a bunch of rings and splotches on my page as organically as humanly possible. Then, using a paintbrush, I followed some of the lines to carve out shapes. To me, they look like fish but it's open for interpretation. I generally do not do abstract art so this was a challenge for me.


Popular posts from this blog